KABUL (Reuters) – The Taliban took again management of Afghanistan final 12 months as U.S. and overseas troops withdrew after 20 years of battle following the Sept. 11, 2001, assaults on america.
Following is an inventory of current assaults on foreigners in Afghanistan:
* At the very least three attackers had been killed by safety forces in Afghanistan on Monday after armed males opened fireplace inside a resort in central Kabul widespread with Chinese language nationals.
* Cross-border shelling and gunfire between Afghanistan and Pakistan killed six Pakistani civilians and one Afghan soldier, officers on each side of the frontier mentioned, with either side accusing the opposite of beginning the combating.
* Pakistan’s embassy in Kabul got here underneath assault with gunfire wounding a Pakistani safety guard, officers mentioned, in what Islamabad referred to as an try to assassinate its head of mission, who was unharmed.
* Two Russian embassy employees had been killed in a suicide bombing close to the nation’s diplomatic mission within the Afghan capital, Kabul, the Russian Overseas Ministry mentioned.
* A single Islamic State bomber killed 13 U.S. troops and no less than 170 Afghans at Kabul airport as U.S. troops had been making an attempt to assist each Individuals and Afghans flee within the chaotic aftermath of the Taliban’s takeover.